I Never Saw Another Butterfly - Play Version - Full-length
4 Male, 7 Female
Celeste Raspanti Price: $9.95
One of the survivors, Raja, having lived through it all, teaching the children when there was nothing to teach with, helping to give them hope when there was little enough reason for hope, creating a little world of laughter, of flowers and butterflies behind the barbed wire, tells the true story of the children.
It's her play and it's theirs. There were no butterflies at Terezin, of course, but for the children, butterflies became a symbol of defiance, making it possible for them to live on and play happily while waiting to be transported. Area staging.
Author's Note: The operetta actually produced in Terezin was BRUNIDBAR based on a well-known Czech folktale. The author created a folktale with a similar theme called LUDVIK to be used in the play to avoid copyright infringement issues. The music for LUDVIK is not available, but folk songs are usually in public domain and very simply scored. Directors might use any public-domain folk song melody and write their own words that carry out the theme of the operetta.
- What Every Girl Should Know Monica Byrne
- Coney Island Christmas Donald Margulies from Grace Paley
- Farce of Nature Jessie Jones & Nicholas Hope & Jamie Wooten
- Funny Little Thing Called Love Jessie Jones & Nicholas Hope & Jamie Wooten
- Matchbox Theatre - Thirty Short Entertainments Michael Frayn
- Great American Trailer Park Musical Betsy Kelso & David Nehls