David Wood - Plays for 5 to 12 Year-Olds
Published by Methuen Drama
Looking for a quality collection of plays for your whole class?
Want some ready-made lesson plans to accompany them?
But daunted at the thought of how to stage these pieces?
Well, look no further because here's a fabulous selection of acclaimed plays by David Wood
Paired with all the information and materials you need to use them in class or on stage, this collection is edited by Paul Bateson, an experienced primary-level drama teacher
The plays create worlds that trigger children's imaginations as well as entertain them, make them think as well as make them laugh, and open their minds to new ideas and the power of storytelling through theatre
With a new foreword by David Wood, the Plays included are ...
* The Gingerbread Man
* The See-Saw Tree
* The BFG
* Save the Human
* Mother Goose's Golden Christmas
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction about the use of Drama across the curriculum
Before each play there are introductions containing ...
* Age range, running time, cast numbers
* Cast list with lead roles/dual roles and opportunities for extension or ensemble
* Character notes, including costume suggestions
* Music/SFX notes
After each play there are ...
* Notes on rehearsal activities/tasks
* Extracts and short activities
* Sample lesson plan(s) for use across the wider curriculum, for example, Geography, Literacy, SMSC