The Pinafore Pirates (JUNIOR)
Malcolm Sircon Price: $22.95
This delicious pastiche has an outstandingly tuneful score, with script and lyrics bursting with wit and humour
In a plot which has echoes of The Magnificent Seven, Daisy, daughter of Buttercup, seeks help to thwart a band of outrageous female pirates, who have taken her lover as a hostage
With the help of Iolanthe, the Fairy Queen, and the Princess Ida, she enlists the aid of The Mikado, The Scorcerer, The Duke of Plaza-Toro, Admiral Sir Joseph Porter, and Major-General Stanley to save the day
With 11 principal parts, and a chorus that varies from Islanders to Pirates, and from Faries to Policemen, all with plenty of lines to contribute, pupils and staff will find this entertaining and delightful, as well as being a rewarding challenge
If it is your experience that girls tend to outnumber boys in their enthusiasm to appear in school productions, this is definitely the show for you!
Click and listen to a Sample of the Songs ...
Runs about 60 mins
The Score and a fully orchestrated CD of Backing Tracks are available separately by clicking here
- The White Carnation R C Sherriff
- Drawing the Line Howard Brenton
- Margaret Thatcher Queen of Soho Jon Brittain & Matt Tedford
- Let The Right One In Jack Thorne from John Ajvide Lindqvist
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Acting - But Were Afraid To Ask, Dear West End Producer
- She Stoops to Comedy David Greenspan