Fool For Love
3 Male, 1 Female
Sam Shepard Price: $8.99
When he attempts to console May, who is distressed by Eddie's frequent absences and love affairs, she seems, at first, to soften--but then she suddenly attacks him. As the recriminations pour out, and the action becomes, at times, physically violent, the desperate nature of their relationship becomes apparent - they cannot get along with, or without, one another, yet neither can subdue their burning passion.
The poignancy of their situation (they are half-brother and half-sister as well as lovers) is pointed out by the play's two other characters: a hapless young man who stops by to take May to the movies and becomes the butt of Eddie's funniest yet most humiliating jokes; and a ghostly old man (perhaps their father) who sits in a rocking chair at the side of the stage, sipping whiskey and commenting wryly on what he observes.
Eventually May and Eddie tire of their struggle and embrace--but it is evident that the respite is temporary and that their love, the curse of the past which haunts them, will remain forever damned and hopeless.
Winner of the Obie Award. A critical and popular success, this masterfully constructed work brings searing intensity and rare theatrical excitement to its probing, yet sharply humorous study of love, hate and the dying myths of the Old West
- Gospel According to Thomas Jefferson, Charles Dickens and Count Leo Tolstoy: Discord Scott Carter
- BEST PLAY & BEST COMEDY BARGAIN BUNDLE King Charles & Play That Goes Wrong
- Something Wicked This Way Comes Ray Bradbury
- Voodoo Macbeth Tonya Hays from William Shakespeare
- Radium Girls - ONE ACT VERSION D W Gregory
- The Last Illusion B Dwayne Craft