Wrecks and Other Plays
1 Male, 1 Female
Neil Labute Price: $14.50
This great-value Collection includes one full-length play, WRECKS, and seven short plays ...
WRECKS - M1
Can someone honestly love a person whom they have deceived for thirty years?
This is the central question behind Wrecks
Meet Edward Carr: loving father, successful businessman, grieving widower. In this concise powerhouse of a play, LaBute limns the boundaries of love, exploring the limits of what society will accept versus what the heart will desire
These Short Plays each run 10-15 minutes ...
UNION SQUARE - M1
A man headed downtown from Union Square asks directions from a homeless man and winds up sharing the details of his marriage and the unexpected contents of his lunch bag
LOVE AT TWENTY - F1
A college student veers between idolatry and vengeance
LAND OF THE DEAD - M1,F1
A New York couple part. He goes to the office, she to a clinic. As events unfold, it becomes clear that this is very far from an ordinary day. STAND-UP: An amateur comic struggles with his new routine. LIARS CLUB: A group of actors addresses the audience. Are they performing a script or sharing personal stories?
COAX - M1,F1
Jacob, a nice young man, eagerly anticipates a meeting with the Internet friend with whom he's corresponded for months. When the young lady finally arrives, Jacob informs us of his plans for her
FALLING IN LIKE F1
A woman waits at a table
She's very sure he's going to show up
He's a little late, but he always shows up. It's their anniversary after all. All right, once or twice maybe he didn't show up
Perhaps she'll wait just a few more minutes, because he will show up
“[LaBute’s] cruel wit and chronicles of immoral moralizers have made him, arguably, the most legitimately provocative and polarizing playwright at work today” ~ David Amsden, New York Magazine
“[LaBute] continues to probe the fascinating dark side of individualism … [His] great gift is to live in and to chronicle that murky area of not-knowing, which mankind spends much of its waking life denying” ~ John Lahr, The New Yorker
- Four Plays - The Bald Soprano & The Lesson & Jack or the Submission & The Chairs Eugene Ionesco
- Bald Prima Donna aka Bald Soprano Eugene Ionesco trans Donald Watson
- Eugene Ionesco - The New Tenant & Amedee & Victims of Duty Eugene Ionesco trans Donald Watson
- The Bald Soprano and Other Plays - The Lesson & Jack or The Submission & The Chairs Eugene Ionesco trans Donald M Allen
- Eugene Ionesco - Plays - Volume 4 - Rhinocerus & The Leader & The Future in Eggs Eugene Ionesco
- Rhinoceros & The Chairs & The Lesson Eugene Ionesco trans Donald Watson