Contemporary Scottish Plays Caledonia & Bullet Catch & Artist Man and Mother Woman & Narrative & Ran
Trish Reid - Editor Price: $26.95
Scotland is entering a crucial period in its history, where its identity is being debated daily, from everyday conversation to the national and international press
At the same time, its theatre is resurgent, with key Scottish playwrights, theatres and theatre companies expanding their performance vocabularies while coming to prominence in national and international contexts
This Anthology offers five of the best examples ...
Caledonia is a tale of hubris and delusion, portraying a crucial slice of Scotland's history and its foray into imperial colonialism told with dark humour and creative flair, by award-winning playwright and satirist Alistair Beaton
Bullet Catch by Rob Drummond is a unique theatrical experience exploring the world of magic, featuring mind-reading, levitation, and the most notorious finale in show business
Morna Pearson's The Artist Man and the Mother Woman is a wickedly funny, deceptively simple, surreal portrait of a spectacularly dysfunctional relationship
Rantin' by Kieran Hurley draws on storytelling, live music and an unapologetically haphazard take on Scottish folk tradition, in an attempt to stitch together fragmented stories to reveal a botched patchwork of a nation
Narrative by Anthony Neilson is a theatrical exploration of the the boundaries and possibilities of storytelling.
- Four Plays - The Bald Soprano & The Lesson & Jack or the Submission & The Chairs Eugene Ionesco
- Bald Prima Donna aka Bald Soprano Eugene Ionesco trans Donald Watson
- Eugene Ionesco - The New Tenant & Amedee & Victims of Duty Eugene Ionesco trans Donald Watson
- Israel Horovitz Plays 1 - The Indian Wants the Bronx & Line & The Widow’s Blind Date & Park Your Car in Harvard Yard & Cat-Lady Israel Horovitz with Preface by Eugene Ionesco
- The Bald Soprano and Other Plays - The Lesson & Jack or The Submission & The Chairs Eugene Ionesco trans Donald M Allen
- Eugene Ionesco - Plays - Volume 4 - Rhinocerus & The Leader & The Future in Eggs Eugene Ionesco